Do you want to increase your weight in safe ways? We offer you how to fatten a healthy body, and some tips that may enable you to succeed in achieving your goal.
In what comes we will learn the most important information about how to fatten the body:
How to fatten the body
There are many ways that you can follow to get a healthy weight, in case you suffer from extreme thinness, here is how to fatten the body:
Check your medical history
There are many medical reasons for severe weight loss, so before trying to fatten the body, you must first make sure that it is safe to do so. The doctor can check for any health conditions that may have caused the weight loss, such as:
- Diabetes type 1 and 2.
- Celiac disease, which is a condition that prevents the body from absorbing food properly.
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa.
- Body dysmorphic disorder.
- It is worth noting that once the cause of your weight loss is discovered, your doctor can advise you about making changes to your diet or refer you to a dietitian.
Increase the number of meals per day
Eating at least three meals a day can help make it easier to increase your caloric intake. Snacks between main meals for a total of five meals per day can contribute to doubling the number of calories.
Add healthy calories
You don’t need to completely change your diet to gain weight, you can add calories by adding nuts, seeds, cheese, almonds, sunflower seeds, fruits, wholegrain toast, and healthy side dishes.
Reduce empty calories and fast food in your diet, and increase the beneficial foods that contain all the nutrients you need, more than protein and meat, which can help you build muscle.
- Related: Thinness treatment easy methods
Try adding foods that contain carbohydrates, such as brown rice, which will ensure that you are getting the most nutrient possible, even if you have a decreased appetite.
Exercising, such as carrying weights at least three times a week, is essential for optimal weight gain, as this may contribute to lean muscle mass.
You may need to change the way you exercise you used to, or develop, such as increasing the weight you lift, or the number of times you exercise per week, as you are thinking of continuing to gain weight.
Seek support from specialists when needed
Nutritionists and sports coaches provide important advice, which you may really need to develop diet plans to increase calories, and exercise to support healthy weight gain, so you can consult them in case you need to gain weight within a healthy program.
The dangers of underweight
A person with severe weight loss does not get enough calories to feed him, so he may suffer from malnutrition, which indicates that he is not getting the nutrients necessary to maintain his health.
If you are underweight, you may be at risk of the following health problems:
- Osteoporosis. Low body weight and deficiency of calcium and vitamin D may cause weak bones.
- Impaired immunity, when you do not get the number of nutrients that the body needs, it will not be able to store energy, which hinders the body’s function in fighting disease.
- Anemia, as a result of not meeting the body’s needs for vitamins and minerals, which causes dizziness, fatigue, and headaches.
- Fertility problems in women, there is a relationship between low body weight and menstrual disorders, lack of density, and infertility.
- Hair loss. Low body weight may cause hair follicles to dry out and thin, which facilitates hair loss.
- Slow growth occurs more often in children and adolescents, due to the desperate need of their bodies for nutrients.
- Health problems in the teeth and gums.
Things to avoid when fattening the body
When trying to fatten the body, you should avoid the following:
- Refrain from performing cardiovascular exercises, if you are keen to gain weight, try to restrict cardiovascular exercise by about half an hour instead of avoiding it completely, and reduce exercise to three times a week.
- Reducing vegetables in the diet, despite the low calories in them, they are a source of vitamins and minerals necessary to prevent malnutrition.
- Giving up very quickly, gaining weight safely may require patience and willpower, and this may require a longer time for some.